Friday, August 10, 2007

Amazing day

I have a couple friends from college that live here in Jax and are pregnant. Michelle is due 12/30 and Leonie is due 1/2. Yesterday, Leonie found out she was having a boy. This was not the outcome she was hoping for or expecting but is coming around to the idea. Today was Michelle's big US but her husband is out of town for work. So, she asked us to come with her. What an amazing experience. I am so blessed to have been a part of this day for her. I started to tear up when the tech let us hear the heart beat. What a miracle, plain and simple. As the tech moved her hand around, we saw what was most clearly boy-bits. The tech said he was "well endowed" which made Bill beam through the phone. The baby is perfect.
I can't even express how grateful I am to have been able to be there today. It makes be realize that much more how much I want to be a mother and just how incredible the process of pregnancy is.

No comments: