Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to me!

I had a nice trip home to see my sister's honor roll ceremony. I don't remember them making a big deal about it when I was at that school. It was more of a "here's your bumper sticker now move along" kind of thing. I'm glad to see this improvement. The kids got all dressed up and it was a nice program. Nathan was a rock star even though it was well past his bed time. He snuggled up in the sling and I swayed in the back of the room.   

I did not end up going to mom's as she was not feeling well. I was sad not to see everyone but having just gotten over the funk, I understood how she was feeling. Plus, I was not in the mood to bring more funk home. We will plan another trip soon.

We had a lovely Mother's Day weekend. Saturday we went to a dear friend's daughter's 4th birthday party. I cannot believe this child is 4. Had a great time and as always tucked ideas away for Nathan's future parties. The best part of the day was taking a nap! Jeremy and Nathan had some daddy/son time and I got to take a 2 hour nap. Divine! When I got up, I had my cards and gift waiting for me. I got a charm for my charm bracelet which is exactly what I have been wanting. My grandma had a silhouette  for each grandchild with our name and birthday. When she passed away, I was given mine back. I put it right on my bracelet. So, now I have the boy version for Nathan and I love it!  

Sunday morning we got up at the crack of dawn (5:30.....) and headed to Vidalia to my in-laws. The whole family came in and we had a low country boil. mmmmmmmm  It was so nice to visit with everyone and Nathan was such a good boy. He tried to take a nap but my stupid phone went off and woke him up. His highlight was Nonna giving him a cob of corn to gnaw. Loved it! Papa gave him a pickle later in the day and he gummed it to an inch of its life. Such great treats!  Nonna gave Nathan a sink bath, put his jammies on and we headed home around 6. It was a long day but worth it to see everyone.  

Happy Mother's Day to all the new mommies and mommies to be out there. I hope everyone was pampered and loved and your day went just as you hoped it would!

No comments: