Thursday, May 14, 2009

He is 9 months

He has been out for as long as he was in. Hard to wrap my head around that. On Sunday, he took two steps between Jeremy and me. We just looked at each other in disbelief. He has not done it since but I know it won't be long. My baby is growing up. boo hoo boo hoo =(

Yesterday, we had pictures taken. So much change from 3 months ago. He is not camera shy at all! We had a hard time with him keeping his hands and props out of his mouth but I can't blame him. If I had teeth coming in, I would chew too. 


Today, we went for his 9 month check up. Here are his stats:
16 pounds 4 ounces  (3rd%)
28" (45%)
head is 5-10%
He passed his vision screening and she said he has slightly low iron. Very good visit! We will give him more red meat and more oatmeal with iron to boost it. Lord knows he isn't short on energy or anything.  He got 2 more shots and did great with them.  I know not everyone can do the alternate schedule but I have to say I am so glad we are doing it. He tolerates 2 shots well but 5 may be a little rough. I wouldn't want that many at a time so why would I expect my infant to be ok with it? The extra visits are worth it to me. next month we go back for polio. We have some decisions to make about the full MMR vs breaking it up. Mumps is not available so there is a risk but I feel like I am ok with that. He will get that portion with the booster. Our pediatrician delays MMR until 15 months anyway b/c its a lot to give with Chicken pox at 12 months. So, we have a little while to decide. We'll see. 

2 comments:

Mrs.Salsaburger said...

OMG those pics are absolutely adorable!!! I cannot believe he is turning into such a little man!

CaneWife said...

He is too cute. His expressions are the funniest.