Monday, March 12, 2007

Let the charting begin

So I started charting this weekend in an effort to understand my cycle. I am now taking my basal body temp every morning before I wake up and entering on my graph. that part isnt so bad, I just have to remember to hide the thermometer when my mother in law visits. I guess Im looking for a drop in temp before a spike up. that is supposed to indicate ovulation. Hopefully after a couple cycles off the pill, I will be regular and know when its coming. Thats not so bad I think to myself.... Only to realize that the BBT charting is secondary to tracking cervial fluid. Thats right, I have to check myself every time I go to the bathroom to learn the difference between sticky, egg-white and cloudy. Apparently, egg white is prime baby making time. With a little luck, egg white coincides with temp drop and everything is hunky dory. Who knew there was a science to this? I thought you just F** like rabbits and everything works out. I guess that does work but knowing how many people have fertility issues, I thought charting would give us a head start in case there are any problems. Plus, if I am regular, it will give us the best shot of getting pregnant in the time frame we really want.

I have started lurking on some chat boards to learn what other people are going through. I think it makes me think about it more. This is just like the evil wedding planning process. But since I cant really talk to my friends about my cervical fluid, it gives me an outlet.

So anyway, thats my deal. Im taking my tempurature and feeling for cervical fluid. Dont be jealous! My other news is that I have found a yoga studio that I am going to try for the first time today. I am so excited to get back into my practice. I like myself better when I go and I just feel better all the way around. I sleep better, Im nicer, more productive and more positive. Plus, I need something to get this baby stuff off my brain!

No comments: