Wednesday, February 27, 2008

March 27th!!!

1 month from tomorrow we should know what we are having. Seems like forever from now but I know it will fly. Jeremy's mom has asked to come. I am fine with it but I guess that means I have to invite mine too.... For those that know my mom, you know my hesitation.

My check up went very well today. I'm measuring a little ahead. Week to week and a half which is fine. Heart rate was in the low 150s. Took a while to find though b/c the baby was moving around so much. It kept kicking the Doppler. So funny. Thump! Looks like Thumper may be a fitting name after all. The midwife said, Holy cow is this kid moving in there!. Good times to come haha I'm starting to feel quivers in there. I showed her where I feel it and she said thats the baby! so exciting. I cant wait for them to be more convincing though.

I declined the triple screen test. With such a high false positive rate and knowing the fetal scan will pick up 98% of abnormalities, it seems like unnecessary worry. She said that the ultrasound wont be any different if the test is positive or negative. They look for the same things regardless. I just know me and the less things I can worry about, the better. I am very proud of myself and how I have been going with the flow. I haven't flipped about the spotting I still get or even about passing out. I think feeling so good has made not worrying a bit easier.

We have decided to go with the birth education class taught by the birth assistant at the center. After talking more with my favored midwife, Hope, I am confident that we will be fine with the shorter and less structured class. She did speak very highly of Cee but I think we will both be happier with a 6 week class than the 12week. Plus, I like knowing that I will be comfortable with the birth assistant who will likely be at my birth. It just adds another level of comfort. She is also a lactation consultant so it will be nice to have her from start to finish.

Fruitful Vine's new office is great. They still have a little more work to do but it is in such better shape then their old place. Bigger rooms, 2 birth suites with their own tubs/bathrooms, larger family area etc. It is a little further from home and the hospital but I am confident that I wont need a transfer so all is well.

No comments: