Sunday, January 25, 2009

First bike ride

Today was a big day. We put together the bikes that we brought home from dad's last weekend. These are bikes that I grew up riding but its been close to 5 years since I have been on one. You kind of steer with your hips. Took a little getting used to but we got it. Nathan loved his trailer and fell asleep while we were riding. The neighborhood kids thought they were the coolest thing. Good thing because as is evident by the last picture, Amy needs to go for a lot of rides!

Tomorrow I get a cavity filled. Fun times, I know! I have only had a couple in my life so I guess I can't complain. 

I also want to welcome to the world Charlotte Elizabeth Longtin. My best friend from high school and his wife had their beautiful baby girl on Friday. Their blog is Hello World. 

6 comments:

Sara said...

This is just so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaneWife said...

Looks like he's having so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Bike rides are some of my favorite memories of growing up. I'm so glad Buddy gets to have some of the same memories! Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you guys were able to get the bikes out! One weekend we will have to come down with our bikes and we can all go for a ride!

Mrs.Salsaburger said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun! It's great that you can start something with him that you enjoyed growing up! What a great tradition!

Anonymous said...

What a cool bike! Kira loved her bike trailer until she was too heavy for me to pull her in it - I bet Nathan will have even more fun in it as he gets older and pays more and more attention to the world!