Monday, April 14, 2008

what a week...

I'll start with a funny story. Last Thursday, we were laying in bed starting to talk about names. Jeremy put his hand on my belly like usual and the baby gave a really good wallop. Jeremy's reaction was "Wow, he must really be going to town on that little pecker" I started laughing SO hard that it actually hurt. I rolled to my side thinking it would help but it didn't. I had tears coming down my face from it hurting but continuing to laugh at myself b/c laughing hurt. It was a vicious cycle.

Friday was fine and good, even took off work early. Talked to mom who stopped by the local cloth diaper shop and found all sorts of nifty things. She has been encouraging of this decision since she CD me too but had NO idea of the new CDs out there. Since Friday, she has been on a ton of different sites learning everything she can. I think I have created a monster!

Sadly, Friday we also found out that a close family friend of Jeremy's family took his own life. He was our flower girl's grandfather and like a 2nd dad to Jeremy growing up. It was a very sad day and will be again Wednesday at the funeral. Jeremy has been asked to play Taps on his trumpet. I hope it helps him say goodbye. Mr. Fountain was a good man and his void will be long reaching.

My grandfather also had to be taken to the ER Friday. He had a colonoscopy that day and when he got home, couldnt pee. They cath'ed him and drained 30 oz!! He seemed to be fine though and will follow up with his doctor today.

Knowing we were going to have to leave town but not knowing when, we got a lot done this weekend. Saturday we ordered our glider and stroller. The glider is all upholstered and I think it will be very comfy. It was a little more than we wanted to spend but I kept hearing over and over that the one thing people wish they spent more on was a comfy chair. So, we went with it. It will be able to transition to the rest of the house too. Now, hopefully it won't look like it hogs the room. Oh well if it does... haha We made a final decision on the bedding too. Haven't purchased it yet but at least the decision is made.

Sunday we went to mass, which the baby either loved or hated. Moved the entire time. Went to Lowes and got fertilizer and got it on the lawn. We feel so official now as new home owners! Went to a bird show that ended up getting me upset so we left. Why would you bring a plucking bird to a loud show??? Like it isnt clearly stressed as it is? Then we saw people trying to sell hatchlings with clearly deformed beaks. Those babies need a home with special care, not just some joe-schmo. Anyway, I was very upset.

Lastly, we have gotten down to the business of picking names. I will save that for another post.

No comments: