Wednesday, April 23, 2008

24 weeks pics

Here are this weeks pics. I thought it would be funny to wear the same clothes from week 6 to see the difference. In putting on these pants, I notice how big my butt as gotten. Holy cow. I think the chest speaks for itself...
This one cracks me up. Since I sucked it in at 6 weeks, I tried to do the same. Not so effective and a lot of effort (as my face clearly shows...)


My belly was really moving last night. Not the crazy rolls that are yet to come, just some kicks but its still funny to see it moving on its own out of the blue.

Jeremy has started to say good bye to the baby in the mornings before he leaves. Then he waits for a kick and is off. I like that he's doing this. I dont want my belly to be the focus all the time but I like that he is starting to bond with the baby and gets responses from him.

This week I have also decided to stop wearing my rings. :-( They go on just fine but within a few hours are pretty tight and at the end of the day, they are getting hard to take off. I would rather give it up a few weeks early then have them stuck. I had a little panic attack the day after the wedding when I couldn't get them off and would not care to go through that again.

Got my first, "Haven't you had that kid yet?" comment yesterday. Um, Im not that big and I dont look like I could pop but thanks.

I have my 24 week check up tomorrow. One more 4 week appt then I go to every 2 weeks. Something about that seems awfully real. The birth classes help the reality a bit too.... I realized this week that I dont fear the birth. I understand whats going on and have faith in myself and my team to get me through it. What Im not looking forward to... is vomiting. I seriously pray nightly not only for a smooth labor and safe delivery but for no vomit. I cant handle it. I will fight with everything I have not to let myself do it. I believe this is why God blessed me with no morning sickness. I talked to the teacher this week and she did relieve my fear a little when she said she isnt a puker either but in labor, all bets are off. You cannot fight it no matter what you think. If its going to happen, it will. I have been very afraid that I would hold that tension in fighting the urge and would slow my own progress which isn't good. Her comment, while it still sucks, makes me feel better that I wont be my own worst enemy when it comes to this part.

We are meeting with a doula next week, Heather, to see if we click. After a lot of thought, I think the support will be great for both Jeremy and me. At first, I thought we would be ok with just the two of us. Since then though, we have decided not to call the families as we leave for the birth center. We want to wait until well into transition. I know myself and know I will feel the need to "entertain" them or talk to them and will feel guilty for not being able to and just having them sit in the waiting room. I plan on being in the tub a lot and knowing me, I'll be nekkid, even when Im just walking around the room. I have very little modesty but I don't know that I want my father in law watching me like that, my own mother either for that matter. So, waiting to call it is. That means Jeremy wont have someone to support him while he is supporting me. I really like that aspect of a doula. She in no way will take over for him or lessen his role. If anything, she will guide him to be a better partner for me. When I snap and he says he doesnt know what to do for me, the doula will know. If he needs a break, which is totally understandable, I will have someone there and not be alone. The midwife will still be there but not right by my side the whole time. I dont expect them to be and like the fact that they are not intrusive. They are just a step away though and I like that too.

Sorry about the long post. I dont seem to be able to do these whenever I think of things so it all comes out at once.

No comments: