Monday, October 13, 2008

back to work

I came back to work today. its only part time this week but Im back. I miss Nathan. I pumped under my desk (blinds are not in yet and see previous posts about people opening my door) and realized how much I love nursing him. Its our quiet time together when nothing else in the world matters. le sigh what can you do? Maybe my FIL will win the lotto this weekend and I can quit. A girl can dream right?

So they have not reconciled our check book here since I did it in July. You cannot imagine the PITA it is to fix what they messed up. How hard is it to write a check and write it down. ::pulling hair out:: I have been working on this for over an hour when it usually takes me all of 10 minutes. ::chanting "Paycheck" over and over::

I cant wait to get home and have a little boy try to chew on my nose when I kiss him.

In other news...
We spent the weekend with my family in St Pete. It was a really nice visit. My grandfather looked so blissful holding Nathan. I have so many fond memories with him so Im glad I am able to see him with my baby. Makes me miss Grandma Kay even more but I know she met Nathan before I did.

TMI but his poops are back to brown. Wahooo but they stink to high heaven. Boooooo I dont know what happened but Saturday after we got back from breakfast with Tracey, he went and it stunk. damnit man. This wasnt supposed to happen until he got on solids right? I dont think he got the memo.

Jeremy and I had a great date night for our anniversary. We went to the Columbia at the Pier in St Pete. We will definitely be going to the one in St Augustine. Such a great meal overlooking the water. Took our time and relaxed while mom had Nathan. I didn't even call to check in =)

We also bought a video camera so be on the lookout for snippets of our life. Got a Sony hard drive camera. Im excited to not have to mess with tapes or disks. Seems pretty easy for now.

Back to this stupid reconciliation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be hoping for that winning lottery ticket for you!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I am glad that you guys were able to get out for a night. It sounds like it was amazing to watch your grandfather with Nathan. I know it isn't fun going back to work. My first day back at work I pumped in the front of a truck using a hooter hider, be glad you had that desk! :)

Anonymous said...

First week back totally sucks. I'm glad you get to ease back into it so it's not an abrupt cut-off from Nathan time. And it was soooo good to see you last weekend! I hope we'll be able to come up soon - we just have to find a weekend when neither Kira nor I are sick... one of these days...!