Monday, October 6, 2008

We are so blessed

My group of girlfriends follow several blogs of families that none of us know. They are sad and tragic stories of lung transplants/premie baby, losing a mother the day after her baby was born for no preventable reason, the loss of one triplet and others. Today, Kerrie posted about a baby who will be born tomorrow but will likely not live more than a few moments. I sobbed as I read the posts. I cannot even imagine.

I went into Nathan's room and cried over him as he was napping in his crib. I know that each cry, fuss, and dirty diaper is such a blessing. This family would give anything to have a "rough night" or poop in a just changed diaper or a load of baby laundry to do. They would do anything to have teething difficulties. It reminds me how lucky we are to have a healthy baby. When he cries, I know his lungs work. When he poops, I know his tummy is working. When he teethes, I will know he is growing up.

I pray daily that God continues to bless us with health and happiness for our little boy. I also pray that He blesses these families with the strength they need to face each new day.

No comments: