Sunday, April 19, 2009

What a week

This week we had my sister staying with us for her Spring Break. She will be 13 at the end of the month and is a beautiful little drama queen. We had a great time.  She tried lots of new foods and liked them. Something I never would have done at that age. Ok, lets be real here. I would not have done that 2 years ago!  She tried Mexican and sushi (and tempura) out and even helped cook dinners at home. She made a great chili. With some help from McCormick's and a crock pot but thats ok.  We even made smores in the toaster oven mmmmmmmmmm  

She is making a scrapbook of his first year and she wanted to include a picture of him in the tub. I think this is a pretty cute one! That smile gets me every time.

While she was here, we went to the zoo with Nathan, Michelle and her 2 kiddos. We had such a nice time. Nathan rode the carousel for the first time and Heather got to pet sting rays. 
We got the zoo membership so I know we will enjoy going back over the next year.   

We tried to go to the beach but the weather was not cooperating. So, we got Rita's Italian Ice and custard instead. Fair trade!

Yesterday dad and Kelly came. We cooked out for lunch and went for wings for dinner. They are quite the wing "experts" so we took them to Wild Wing Cafe. Lots of different flavors and they enjoyed sampling. After they left today, Jeremy and I cleaned out and rearranged the garage.
We brought the slot machine into the den and Nathan took a quick liking to it LOL  We have to get a stand for it still but that does not appear to phase little man.  

Nathan also learned to climb this week. Good times for us ahead.....  I think this is karma for me being a climbing monkey when I was a kid. 



Dad, its ok. I can get down by myself. See!

So proud of himself. Stinker!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I really want to take Jack to the zoo, so let me know if you want to use that membership and go with us anytime:)

Anonymous said...

Love the last picture of him! What a face :)

Sara said...

I can't believe how adorable he is! That smile is melting me! I'm glad you had a great time with your sis.

Mrs.Salsaburger said...

He is such a schmoooooozer! :) I love it!

CaneWife said...

So many great pictures. He's such a big boy!