Monday, December 29, 2008

Family visits

Dad, Kelly and Heather came over the weekend before Christmas. It was a really nice visit. Dad brought these ridiculous steaks. Seriously, the size of my head. Amazing king crab legs and scallops the size of my palm. We ate until we couldn't eat anymore. Then we sat around and told stories to Jeremy. I was so pleased with how it all went. Heather just ate Nathan up. She helped with diaper changes and his bath. Then, she read him a bed time story. SO cute. She is really into soccer and I had a book with a soccer theme so it worked out well. ::must insert photo here =) ::

Dad cuddled with him and told him all about race cars and go carts. I knew he would be excited about a boy. I just hope Nathan humors him as he grows up if he isn't actually interested in all the garage stuff. Same goes for planes and Jeremy though!  Kelly loved on Nathan more than I thought she would. I admit to not knowing how to feel when she called herself grandma. I guess thats what she is, sort of. But at the same time, it just felt odd. Whatever. That's my issue, not Nathan's. 

Dad called this weekend and apparently has my old bike for Nathan. For those that don't know, I did not learn how to ride a bike until I was 10 or so. I know, I know.... But, I had this really cool recumbent bike. I used it, a friend's son used it, Heather used it and its still in great shape. I dont know how to get it to Jax but we'll figure it out. He also has 2 adult ones and the pull behind trailer for Nathan at this age. I know he will love it! Again, how to get them home.... 

It seems that nap time is over so Christmas will have to wait =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's GREAT news! I'm so glad your visit went well!