Monday, March 31, 2008

"Did you see his pecker?"

If you dont know by now, we are having a baby boy!! We had the ultrasound on the 27th and although we had a hard time getting to see his face, he showed the rest just fine. No doubt about it! When my MIL called her mom to tell her, MeeMa asked if she was sure, did she see his pecker. OMG, how funny is that? This woman is soft spoken, never anything off color and I never would have expected this phrase out of her mouth. Too funny!

We started our registry at BabiesRUs but have a lot of revisions to make. Shopped some this weekend and bought him his first oxford shirt. Preppy I can handle =) Found out that the airplane bedding we were leaning towards is being discontinued and if we buy it its a final sale. I wouldnt mind so much if we could see it first but being an on-line only thing, its hard. We have to figure it out so we can get the crib ordered.

Jeremy felt the baby move last night for the first time. I know he wasnt expecting to feel it because his face just lit up when he did. Normally I have to point out where the movement was but last night he told me where he felt it. He fell asleep with his hand on my belly. I love it. It has to be hard for the father since they cant really experience anything. At least this helps him to be connected more.

Our birth classes start next Monday. We are excited to get started. Its going to be nice since its just us and one other couple. It will be at the birth center too so if we have procedural questions, we can have them answered in the space. The new center is amazing. The rooms are bigger and each has its own tub. At the last place, the 2 rooms were connected by a bathroom with the only tub. If 2 women were laboring at the same time, one had to use an inflatable tub. I think seeing the center helped Cheryl to be more on board and get it. She kept commenting on how calm it was and how unrushed everyone there was. I know she was supportive of our decision regardless but I really think this helped ease her mind.

Our house has been a revolving door of guests for the last week so we are going to enjoy having a nice, quiet night to ourselves tonight.

No comments: