Tuesday, September 30, 2008

clean vs dirty

I vote that babies know clean from dirty. For instance, a brand new clean diaper is the only thing suitable to poop in. In fact, it has to be so fresh that it doesn't actually make it off the changing table. One that has been on for an hour is certainly too "used" to add more to.

A clean set of jammies is in dire need of spit up of course. The outfit they have been in all day is not good enough. Bonus points for getting it freshly washed hair.

And my favorite from today: clean sheets, clean momma. I stayed up when he woke up at 5:30 this morning and got my shower while he went back to sleep. I had just changed the sheets last night. I crawled back in bed and snuggled him next to me. When he woke up, I thought I would try nursing laying down. It wasnt as easy as I hoped but we got it. I dozed off. It was great. Then I wake up to him moaning/grunting. He's pretty gassy so I thought he was working on that and its not usually a big deal. Next up was about an ounce of freshly ingested milk. All over me, the bed, him. Note to self Nathan, dont poop and eat at the same time or you will wear it on both ends!

No comments: