Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Took a big step today

So most of you know about my struggle about dealing with my dad. I havent talked to him in over a year and Im not sure why. It just seems to be the way it goes with him. There are times I feel like I should be the bigger person and just call but then I get pissed off that Im always the one to call. Its been like this for years. The only time he called me was when I kept my sister for a week.

Anyway, he does not know about Nathan. Or even that I was pregnant. I struggle with this decision daily. I also struggle with not having told the rest of that side of my family. So today, I called my favorite aunt from my childhood and told her and caught up for a few minutes. Im glad I did. She said to just join the club of Neil being a schmuck. I think she is a founding member since she had to grow up with him! Regardless, Im glad I can share this part of my life with her.

Who knows, maybe I will step up and be the bigger person one day and call him. If he would just make one shred of effort, I would return it 10 fold. I guess that is putting a condition on love though. I just would hate to tell him and him not be excited or make any effort to be a part of Nathan's life. It would be the biggest slap in the face and how would I ever explain that to Nathan? So, I keep hiding from the possibility.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your aunt was good to you. You deserve family that doesn't disappoint you all the time. LOVE YOU!!!

Sara said...

Glad that you had a positive experience with your aunt.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you did the right thing. I'm glad you got to talk to your aunt and find out you're not alone in your frustrations with your dad, but I know that doesn't change how it makes you feel. I don't blame you at all for not telling him about Nathan.

Can't wait to see you next week!

CaneWife said...

What a difficult situation. I'm sorry you are dealing with it and I'm glad you have the support of your aunt.