Friday, September 26, 2008

He rolled over!

OK, So I know it wasn't the real roll over milestone but I cant believe he rolled over. I put him down for tummy time so I could email a couple friends. He usually is fine for about 5 minutes then he fusses. I turned my back and about 2 minutes later he was crying. I turn around and he is on his back. Im sure he surprised himself. I wish I could have seen it though. I know the next time wont be for a long while yet. =(

He hit his 6 week growth spurt this week too. That means feedings have been non-stop. Gone form one side for 10 minutes every 3 hours to 15+ minutes on one side and 10+ on the other every 1 1/2 hours. Still sleeping at night ok for 3 hours but the day time is rough. no more 2 hour naps this week. Growing is good though! I weighed him yesterday at my 6 week check up and he was 9 1/2 pounds. Just about a pound in the last month. Seems like thats ok. His next pedi visit is 10/7 so we'll weigh again then.

The best thing this week has been his smiles. He has been smiling at us hit or miss the last couple of weeks but this week has really been great. He is really reacting to us and the tone in our voices. I cant wait to hear his laugh. We are getting the coos now but a real laugh will be so wonderful to hear.

We also started his "big boy diapers" this week. He has been in the kissaluvs which are for the newborn period. They have been great. No leaks, no blowouts up the back, no diaper rash. I cant complain. His little legs have been too skinny for the bumGenius though. Well this week, I thought I would give it another chance and they fit. I have to really wrap it around his waist still but they didnt leak when he had a major poo. Good sign! I also had him in one over night and it didnt leak. I really stuffed it good but still. It made the night nursings so much easier. He barely woke up to nurse. I will start phasing all of his new dipes in so I can figure out which brand I like before he outgrows the kissaluvs.

Started walking this week too since the weather has been so nice. I sling him and out we go. I have 8 1/2 pounds to go so hopefully this will help some. I would love to be under my pre-pregnancy weight anyway so I need to exercise more regardless. Im glad he likes his sling.

2 comments:

MamaSquirt said...

I got to see a smile and it was darn cute! He's such a little cutie pie : )

Kimberly said...

Oh, how cute...rolling and smiling!

At the rate we're going, since Nathan's going to be 1/2 grown before Jack gets here, let me know if he outgrows his KL0s. I may buy a few from you or whatever...