Monday, December 10, 2007

Lets talk symptoms for a sec

I have read enough to know about the common first symptoms. You know, the sore, growing breasts, changes in smell, on set of morning sickness blah blah blah. But, hardly anyone talks about the acne!! WTH is up with this? I have never, in my life, broken out like this. Every day, there is a new lump. They aren't even the kind you can pop. They are the deep pockets of junk that have no intention of coming out. I have one over my eye brow that is so swollen...I feel like a unicorn or something. From my new reading, it appears to be pretty common. damnit man!

Lets talk gas too while we're at it. I'm a pretty gassy girl to begin with but holy cow. Jeremy just cracks up. He's a "there is more room on the outside" kind of guy to begin with so he really doesnt care. Its belching and farting all the time. Thank goodness I am alone in my office most of the day. haha

Fatigue....thats a tough one. Im always up for a nap as it is. Im in bed at 10 and I sleep 8 hours. if this gets worse, it could be amusing. Poor Kristin is at the point of napping at her desk so hopefully the 2nd trimester boost kicks in soon for her.

I am not having the nausea or anything but I can definitely notice a change in my stomach. Had a little more spotting this weekend but it was all brown so nothing to worry about for now I guess. The boobs aren't growing yet but the tingling nipples are getting crazy. I slept in a sports bra this weekend b/c I couldn't handle the sheets rubbing against them. Thats fun times...

A friend let me borrow Girlfriend's Guide and I started on it this weekend. Parts are funny and parts are pissing me off. Who is she to talk down to those who want unmedicated births. I dont think ill of those who are dying for their epidurals so why should she judge me and assume Im doing it for a cookie or a medal. Its just not very encouraging of women to trust their bodies. But, maybe that is just too much to ask these days.

1 comment:

Kristin @ www.amomontherun.com said...

I've got the acne too, I swear I look like a 15-year old!!

I hope you skip over the fatigue.. its so not fun. I didn't realize it was possible to sleep SO MUCH and still wake up tired.

I didn't get the nausea until later on, but I really hope you skip over it too.. nothing worse than being starving and feeling like you want to puke all at the same time!

I didn't think my boobs were growing either.. I was WRONG! I put on a shirt I last wore in September and it would not contain the girls.. Adam thought it was hilarious.. me, not so much!