Thursday, December 6, 2007

Things are coming along

First thing Monday, I called Fruitful Vine and went in to get lab requisitions. I had a blood draw Monday and yesterday to check the hormone levels and progesterone. I should be hearing back any time now.

Tested again last night just to make myself feel better. I heart Dollar Tree tests!!! The line was darker so I take that as a good sign.

Today I am more aware of my stomach than usual. Its not really nausea, more just queasy. I dont feel like Im going to throw up, just that something isnt quite right in there. Again, I take that as a good sign. Boobs are sore on and off. The tingly nipples come out of no where and wake me up a little! haha

Im not supposed to get an appt with the midwives until 8-10 weeks. But, Im hoping I can see a heartbeat before Christmas. Thats probably asking a lot but it cant hurt to try. Using the birth center is going to be a lot more expensive than a traditional OB. Close to $2k out of pocket. It sucks. BCBS feels that the one 35 miles away is a good alternative and that they shouldnt have to cover Fruitful Vine as a network extension. I say thats crap. Who wants to drive 35+ miles for appts and when in labor? I am going to fight it but in the end, its worth it to me to us the birth center so it is what it is.

Looking forward to telling the family at Christmas. Im thinking of all sorts of ways to do it. Leaning towards printed M&M's for my MIL. She loves M&Ms and I think it would be cute.

Things are wonderful with us. The house closing is getting so close. Job is going great! Things are just falling into place so nicely. 2007 has been a year of blessings for us.

No comments: