Friday, December 7, 2007

Work

I realized I havent said anything about work lately.
I got a job, which I knew I wasnt going to like, at an insurance broker for health benefits. The girls were catty and it just wasnt for me. I sucked it up though just to pad the bank acct. while never giving up hope for the builder I had interview with a while ago.
One day, things just got terrible at the office and I decided that I would follow up with the builder at the end of the week. When I got home that day, I had an email from him asking if I was settled or still interested. I was SO excited.

So I met with him a couple days later, got an offer which will end up exceeding my last job in Augusta, and I gave notice. That was the best day! So here I am, in my new job with things falling into place around me. I am an office manager/scheduler/client liason/project manager/accountant/IT Dept.... I think that about covers it. haha http://www.stonecraftfinehomes.com
Bill is a custom home builder for high end homes. The homes are amazing. But more importantly, I get some freedom with no one watching my every move, a fairly casual work environment in that jeans are acceptable and I can be flexible with my schedule when I need to be. There are only 3 of us that come in the office. Bill has his own office and Jack and I share mine. Jack is the project manager in the field so he is here maybe a hour a day. Not too bad!

Overall, I am really happy with the way things are here. Its a mess for right now, but I love cleaning up messes and making things run the way I want. I have been told I have free reign over how things go. Well, within reason of course! I still have a lot to learn about quarterly reporting and all that good stuff. Learning new computer systems but things are coming pretty well.

Just finishing my first month here and I have to say, Im not planning on going anywhere for a while. I think he will let me bring a baby in when the time comes. We'll see if Cheryl lets that happen though! I think she may just move in for a while.

No comments: