Thursday, May 15, 2008

2 things

First, I have to tell you about this crazy dream. So I was back in high school on the first day of class. I was probably a senior b/c I was talking with my teacher, Paula Dean...., about what to do after graduation. She said that many guidance counselors were now suggesting beauty school. Um really?? Yes she said. Because even if you dont land a job, you will know how to be pretty and be able to at least get married. WTH kind of dream was this???? There was a lot more roaming the halls and what not but that was the gist of it. Are my dreams telling me to do my hair and make up more? I was amused and weirded out all at the same time.

Second, I have to say how proud I am of my friend P. She is 4 months and 2 weeks younger than I am (this is important as she reminds me every year!) and has never been to the gyno. I have been trying for years to get her to go but she has been very resistant. She really isnt a Dr person and is very modest so I get it. Last year her mom had a health scare that could have been helped, if not avoided, by getting routine check ups so I think it spooked P. She thinks she has a UTI and she bit the bullet and made an appointment. I know that is a huge step for her and I am just so proud. I have promised that it really isnt that bad so this Dr better not make me a liar!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That dream had me laughing out loud. That is awesome. Thank goodness that isn't real life, cause I would have ended up a very sad old maid.