Thursday, May 8, 2008

Tootles to the ankles! Hola cankles...

Last night I got home and decided to do some weeding in the yard. Apparently the fertilizer part of the fertilizer with weed control worked... I get in and my hands and feet are itching up a storm. I scrub my hands and it helps. I go to scrub my feet and see my ankles are swollen like crazy. hmmmmm, is this pregnancy or allergy?? Of course I take a picture :-)
Normally I have pretty boney ankles but there was nothing left to feel. The left foot shows it better although this picture does it no justice haha


I got up this morning hoping to see bone again. No such luck. Its down a bit but still pretty swollen. Looks like its pregancy. At least its fun to play with seeing how much pressure it takes to leave a dent =)



This next picture has been a huge source of amusement for me. When I lay down, I have a blob of a belly. Nothing too exciting, except when he moves around. But, when I try to sit up, I get teepee belly.



I know, I have too much time on my hands to be taking silly pictures. And yes, I am fully aware of the reflective nature of my skin.

Last thing. Why must people tell me how hot the summer is going to be?? I have lived in Florida all my life. I am fully aware of the misery that 98 degrees brings and how it will be worse pregnant. Do they think they are telling me something useful or novel? Frankly, I would rather have the baby inside me all summer than have to lug around a stroller and baby gear in the heat while worrying about keeping him cool. ok, we all know darn well that I would gladly have lugged around the stroller and all had our first pregnancy made it but you know what I mean.
I just laugh the weather off and say thank goodness for air conditioning b/c what else can I do?

Just a reminder to keep Jenn and her baby in your prayers. They have had a rough week but will hopefully be able to bring him home with his monitor in the next couple of days.


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Yeah, I get that a lot too. Uh huh, I know summers hot. I just tell them I plan on spending the summer floating in the pool and reading. All day. Every day. (Ok, maybe occasionally I'll have to get something accomplished, but that's a better answer to a stupid comment). Anytime you want to blow off work and join me, just let me know:D