Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This week

Yesterday we met with the pediatrician group that is next door to the birth center. They have a great reputation so we are going to go with it. We can always change our minds. We like that they are very pro-breast feeding. One of the MDs is also a lactation consultant. They are very holistic too. I hate pumping kids fully of drugs if there are other things that can be done. At the same time, they are not afraid to Rx if needed. It feels like a great balance. They will work with us on spreading out the vaxs too. I am not anti vax, I just dont want them all at once. The extra time off work and co-pays are worth it to me. Anyway, feels good to be done with that part.

This weekend we are going away for our babymoon. We'll stay in Charleston Saturday night then Hilton Head Sunday and Monday nights. We are really looking forward to some down time and relaxing. I have to go find a bathing suit so I can lounge in the pool. I am looking forward to being a little less heavy feeling for a little while. Jeremy is excited about touring the Yorktown so I am excited for him. He loves that stuff and has seen about everything made about the battle of Midway. We should be able to spend Saturday evening with Rusty and Shelly on a dinner cruise. He is Jeremy's college roommate and fellow race fan. They just moved to Charleston from Charlotte and haven't explored much. Maybe we will give them an excuse.

I am getting so excited for all the people that are coming to town for my shower. I spoke with my old boss and friend from Orlando last night and she is coming up. We are so blessed with people who love us so much. I can't wait to get to talk to everyone and catch up. I could care less about gifts. I just love knowing that my son will grow up knowing how loved he is not only by blood family but the family of friends we have been able to choose over time. It truly is an amazing feeling.

On a totally selfish note, I scored some great deals on newborn diapers this week. The ones I want run $11.50 to $12.50 each (plus tax and sometimes shipping). There is a rental program where you rent, send back and then get partial credit. It comes out to be about $5 per diaper for the actual cost, not the credit part. I got 20 gently used and 4 new dipes for an average of $8.41 each, total. So, as long as I can resell each for $4, I am doing great. Chances are I can sell them for $6 minimum and up to $8. If I can get $6 each for them, I will have diapered the baby for close to 3 months for under $60! How cool is that? These diapers have no stains, nothing sketchy at all. 12 were from a retail store that has a buy back program where they only take truly excellent used dipes and the others were from girls on a chat board with me. I have seen pics and am super excited. I dont think I will buy the rest of my stash used since they will be used for such a long time. I dont mind spending the money for new ones that will last 3 yrs. The newborn ones though only last a couple months since they outgrow them. I would have bought new if need be but why not try this route?

No comments: