Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Math problem for all the geeks out there

This is one of those think outside the box questions.

You have $10k in your bank account. Friday, you will deposit $91k. You found out today that at the end of the month, you will owe $309k in order to keep open loans you currently have. How do you make it work? Keep in mind while solving this problem that the $91k must go towards other bills and overhead (rent, insurance premiums, etc). And Go!

This was the problem my boss just presented me with. Seriously, we found out today that we will owe $309k to the bank in order to keep our current loans open since the appraisals went in the toilet. Good times. Not making payroll the next 2 periods would not even begin to make a dent in this issue. Im a little concerned to be honest. So, if you have a creative mathematical solution, Im all ears.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I had a suggestion for you, but business and economics just aren't my thing. I hope that it gets worked out!

CaneWife said...

Yikes. That's a toughie. I hope everything works out.