Monday, June 30, 2008

Nursery in progress

We got the glider and crib this weekend. So glad its all in. One bolt on the crib won't tighten but I have a call in so hopefully it will be resolved soon. Not the end of the world since he will be sleeping in the co-sleeper in our room for 3-ish months but still. I want it done. Here's the thing that cracks me up. The crib has taken about 12 weeks to get in, all because its made to order blah blah blah. We get it out of the box only to find inspection stickers from JULY 2007!!!! Uh, were they psychic about our selection? Really, its been sitting in storage and you couldnt get it here any faster than this, really? What a crock.

N and B came over yesterday. N helped me move furniture in the nursery so we can figure out where things fit best. Who knew 4 pieces would be such a hard thing? I have also come to realize how small the rooms in our house are... B helped Jeremy get our crap, errrr, precious belongings, in the attic. This opens up the garage to get the rest of the crap out of the closets. Why must we keep electronics we arent ever going to use? I digress. We got the room laid out and then picked a wall color. Sherwin Williams Honest Blue #6520. So, I'll be getting that today so we can start painting.

In the mean time, here are some pics of the room in progress. We were able to get the changing table from a friend for $20 and already had the dresser. Little one wont know they don't match =) We have a mirror to go over the changing table too. Bad gold frame but we will re-paint to a dark blue to match the frames going over his crib.
The glider and changing table as you look in from the door. Looking for a bookcase to go on left wall in this pic.

The crib as you turn right into the room. Closet to the left of the window.Dresser as standing at closet.


Diaper stacker that came with the bedding set. We'll be using this as a blanket stacker instead. Jeremy loves the plane!


Not so fantastic close up of the bedding. The curtains will be the same stripes as the inside of the bumper.

Last but not least is this amazing gift we got this week. My Zeta Little Sister Kerrie made this for our baby. She and her mother are so super crafty. They made our whole Zeta family quilts when we were in college too for our eventual babies. It is pink and blue with a rocking horse. I have that waiting to come out as well. I know, dare I say, "Nathan" will love tummy time on this.

So, thats was the project of the weekend. I am pooped today but thats to be expected I guess.

2 comments:

A. Dennette said...

I love the dresser! Seriously it's so awesome!

CaneWife said...

You know what? - the blue looks really nice, especially now that I see the glider color. He's going to love it!