Monday, June 9, 2008

Names?

I drove up to Vidalia for the first shower this weekend. It was nice and casual, which I totally needed. I haven't been feeling well so it was nice not to be expected to dress up or even put on shoes. (its a chest funk, not pregnancy making me not feel well) Met a lot of people I had heard of for years but never actually met so that was nice. Got our bedding and matching lamp so now we can start working on paint colors.

When I got home yesterday, Jeremy made me my sick-stand by of egg noodles boiled in chicken broth. Grandma Kay always made it for me and something about it works. I napped and he rubbed my back. Bless his heart! When I woke up, we decided we have to do something about the "name situation". So, being the methodical dorks we are, we set out with a plan. We took our list from Charleston and picked the names we liked as first names and put them in a column. Then we took the middle names we liked and put them in a second column. Some were duplicate but thats ok. I have to say we liked far more middle names than first names. Then we took each first name and went down the middle name list matching up what sounded good together. We were able to eliminate 2 of the 4 first name choices doing this. 1 was perfectly fine except that it is my ex's exact name and that just wasn't happening.

So, drum roll please.... this is our list of 5.
Nathan Andrew
Nathan Elliot
Spencer Andrew
Spencer Elliot
Spencer Thomas

I think we will start trying them out to see what we think and take 2 to the birth center. I hate that his name will have come from a list match up but seriously, we are 2 very indecisive people so it was the only option. In all fairness though, these were all names that were on our very first list, just not put together. And as always, we reserve the right to change our minds~

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I like those names! I really like Spencer for some reason though.

Anonymous said...

I vote for Nathan Elliot. ;)

Glad your first shower was relaxed and enjoyable!

Amy said...

Thats 2 votes for one of the names... perhaps we have a front runner??

CaneWife said...

I love Spencer Elliot.