Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We have laughter!

Best. Sound. Ever! MIL was playing with Nathan before dinner last night and he just started cracking up. He has been giving little half giggles for a couple weeks. More like squeals. But this, this was laughter. I grabbed the video camera but he didnt give the same effort. I will keep trying to catch it.

He has definitely found his own voice. He has started to babble non-stop and tell the best stories. Its a riot.

Sleeping is ok but not great. Once he goes down, no problem. But the getting him down part is frustrating. He settles down once the swaddle goes on then we lay him down. He sleeps for 15-30 minutes and is back up crying. Of course I go get him and he acts hungry. I let him eat and he goes back to sleep. We do this usually twice then he stays down for the night around 9. I feel like he isnt really eating but just wants the comforting part. Methinks crying it out is in our future so he learns how to go down alone. Naps arent much better. I think I will hide in the shower until the crying stops so I cant hear it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good plan! I still do stuff like that to Kira. "What's that honey, you're crying about something? I can't hear you! Wait till I'm done... in 30 minutes..." Heh heh heh

Theresa Patch's Thirty-One said...

Oh so sweet to hear the laughter!!! Good luck with the sleeping

CaneWife said...

I love the baby laughs. Sleeping will get easier.