Thursday, July 3, 2008

34 week check up

Had the check up today. All is well. Small level of leukocytes in urine (white blood cells) but not enough to be concerned about. BP was fine. Up 27 pounds overall. Still right on track. He is still head down but not yet engaged. I had hoped he might be but no luck. Only a minor chance that he will flip though so Im not really worried. Jeremy got to feel for his head....hmmm, let me rephrase that.... The midwife showed Jeremy were to feel for the baby's head position. he couldnt believe how hard she was pressing into my belly. I keep telling him the baby is just floating around in there but I dont think he believes me that we wont hurt him.

Filled out the paper for the birth certificate today. Yeah, so that makes it even more real. Holy cow. Talked about the newborn procedures today too. Im ok with the vitamin K shot, especially since we will have him circumcised. It will be roughly day 8 so his vit K levels should be at their ideal then but just in case. No harm from what I have read. The eye goop is up for discussion. I have no cooties to pass on to him so there really shouldn't be a reason to do it. At the same time, it can be wiped off after 30 seconds so why not? we'll have to see. The heel prick can be done when we see the pediatrician at 3 days so it saves us a trip back to the center since they are in the same building.

Need to call the Rabbi that will do the circ to get on his radar. Yes, Im aware that we are Catholic. This guy just comes highly recommended. He's a holocaust survivor too, how neat is that. Everyone says he is just so interesting to talk to. Anyway, the pedis will do it but they are strongly opposed. I would rather it be done by someone who has done tons of them than someone who really doesnt want to do it. We aren't making a big to do about it. No one is coming over to watch or anything. Apparently I get sent out of the house and Jeremy will be there with him. I am SO ok with that!

Jeremy wants to get my bag packed soon. So maybe that will be a weekend project. I keep telling him we have time but if it makes him feel better, so be it. We have to get the car seat installed too. Other than that, the weekend will be full of painting his room, organizing the closet more (already done by size, now will be done by item within the size...maybe by color within item once everything is washed. Dont laugh at me!), washing diapers and clothes and hanging things in his room. I want his room done. Not that he will be in it for a while, but I want it done.

Have a happy and safe 4th!

1 comment:

CaneWife said...

I'm glad everything is going so well. That's great news!