Saturday, July 19, 2008

J Dub: Hornet Hunter

I am about to pee my pants laughing. Jeremy has been hornet hunting since 8am (about 2 hours). He has been determined to kill the 2 hornets in our yard. "We were here first damnit!" Ok dear. So he goes out this morning with the 20' spray and stands on the porch waiting for one to land on the grass. He sprays....DOH it only goes 5' and pisses the hornet off. Great. He gets closer and misses. Maybe 3 rounds of misses. Then he goes out after each one and cleans off the poor crepe myrtle that has been doused with chemicals. Score is Hornets 5, Dubs 0.

Then he changed his approach. He'll stand by the tree very quietly and wait for one to land so he is closer. I see it and of course have a smartass response. Be vewy vewy quiet cha-cha, Daddy is hunting hornets. He was not amused. A few minutes later, he gets one and comes in does the touchdown sign. Hornets 5, Dubs 1.

I was on the phone with my friend Ashley so I really wasnt paying attention to where Jeremy was. After we hang up, he comes in an announces the 2nd one has been taken out. "I must protect this house!" A la underarmor commercial. SO FUNNY!

As any good hunter would do, he has to show off his kill. I get taken out back and have to look in a bucket to see what this thing looks like up close. I swear the stinger is 1/2". No wonder I scream like a girl any time I hear a buzzing. The other has its grave marked with a flip flop so I dont step on it or in the chemical until he sprays it down.

Later today, the neighbor is planning to fill a super soaker with gasoline and spray the big nest. That ought to be pure entertainment. Why don't I have a video camera??? Score should be Hornets 5, Humans 10,000 by sundown.

2 comments:

Lindsey & Jim said...

This is classic! Please don't forget to update! I must know all the details of the redneck exterminating gun!

Anonymous said...

OMG I can so see/hear Jer doing that. Any photos of them taking out the nest? :)