Monday, July 7, 2008

Busy weekend..sort of

We were ready to have a jammed packed weekend. I had my "plan" laid out and was going to get so much done. Then reality set in and we enjoyed a couple days of doing nothing. SO glad we did that instead.

Friday we got up and got ready to do baby shopping and paint before going to Bill and Michelle's. Getting ready is as far as we ever got. I ended up sleeping on the couch and Jeremy watched qualifying for the races. He rubbed my head and then my feet; it was perfect. Had a great time at Bill and Michelle's and got home around midnight.

Saturday we got up and watched some of the pre-race from Friday night. Then we went to Babies R Us to finish up getting baby stuff. Again, I realized just how generous our friends and family have been to us. We really didnt have that many "needs" to get. We are incredibly blessed. Got home and started laundry. I got some Crunchy Clean and the laundry room smells so yummy now. Even got some more of the baby's laundry done. Then we settled in for the Busch race (I know, Nationwide---BAH says I!) then the Cup race. I slept through part of the race as is par for the course. Not happy with the finish but what can you do?

Sunday we were finally productive. Swept the floors, changed the sheets, more laundry and we painted! Professionals we are not. But, it was done with love and thats what counts, right? RIGHT? We ran 1 wall short so we will finish that up tonight. In the mean time, here are the progress pics.


Come hell or high water I was getting this switch plate on the wall before I went to bed last night. When it comes to screws, apparently size does matter =) It was much more of an ordeal than it had to be... I think it looks cute though. This is how the glider will look against the wall color. Im pleased.

I feel like we got a lot done even though it wasn't everything I wanted. I can only do so much though and am learning my limits. Especially with my hands lately. Its very frustrating. I bought a brace but it isn't helping and hurts at night so I end up taking it off. Midwife said the carpel tunnel should go away after I deliver so I just have to stick it out a little longer. If thats the worst thing I have to deal with, I say I am a lucky girl!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Love Love Love the color!!!

CaneWife said...

So pretty! It's going to be gorgeous!