Tuesday, July 29, 2008

38 weeks and counting

Had the car seat checked this morning. Passed =) She said she could tell I had done my homework. Well duh silly lady!

Last night I had time-able BH Contractions for over an hour. Right at 10 minutes apart. What does that mean you ask? A whole lotta nada. My uterus is practicing. Great then. Until he engages, its not going anywhere. I went to bed and woke up with ctx quite a few times but since I cant see the clock I have no idea if they were regular. They weren't real ones so I wasn't going to grab my glasses and look. Started visualizations of him dropping into position. My mind wanders so much though. I'm not sure how effective it will be. Cant hurt right?

Had a little mini melt down this morning while I was doing my hair. OK, get your laughing out now about me doing my hair. This is actually a style I can handle. She cut it much shorter in the back and I can make it look like she did. Anyway, back to my melt down. While I was putting the paste in my hands and in my hair (yes, I even used product!) it hit me again that I cant feel texture. I cant feel the paste on my hands to tell if I have washed it off. You know that slick feeling when all the soap isn't off? I can't feel that right now. So then I started thinking about touching Nathan's face and all when he is born and how I won't be able to feel how soft he is. Ok, my pinky can feel him. So I sat down on my bathroom floor and had a pitiful little cry/pout. I know there isn't anything I can do about it but it doesn't make it suck any less. I should be able to feel my baby and that won't happen for who knows how long. I chalked it up to hormones but it still sucks.

2 comments:

CaneWife said...

I'm sorry about the carpal tunnel. I'm sure it's going to be ok, though. You'll be able to feel your baby. I'm so excited for you!

Theresa Patch's Thirty-One said...

Oh this made me really sad to read, but you will be okay! I am so sorry about the carpal tunnel.
YAY for your little man arriving real soon :)